If you have stumbled across this sight, you are probably a pipe smoker. And if I had to take another guess, I would say that you are not some connoisseur or certified tobacconist.
Like me, you just want to smoke delicious tobacco in one of your pipes.
It is easy to get bogged down with complex jargon like balkan, flue-cured, kabakolak, and other terms found on a tin’s description. But to be honest, most of us have no clue what these mean. Perhaps if you were a chemist, or an amateur tobacco blender, then you may be able to translate these into what it actually means for flavor and performance.
I have created and continue to add to this blog for a few different reasons:
- The pipe smoking community needs a reliable and honest source for tobacco reviews. I am no tobacco sommelier. What I am is a regular guy who can objectively describe a blend.
- I have experience working on the frontline of the tobacco retail market. As a tobacconist Tinderbox, I know what smokers are looking for and what they care about.
- I want to help people. I am currently a student in a Masters of Theology and Christian Leadership program and work at a church in Winston Salem, NC. The love of Christ is motivates me to help others.
- There are not many unbiased pipe tobacco sources out there, let alone in depth tobacco reviews. It seems every site is trying to sell a product by any means. While I contribute to a site, TobaccoPipes.com, I have the freedom to be completely honest in my reviews.
- It is fun to write. This is my hobby.
My hope is to describe in detail aspects of these blends that you cannot possibly know unless you intensely smoke it. This blog provides in depth information, but by no means a comprehensive breakdown. Just my reactions, feelings, and opinions on each blend.
You can use this blog as a resource for researching new tobaccos, as entertainment when you are smoking, or even as a comparative tool.
I sincerely hope this blog becomes a valuable resource for you on your pipe smoking journey!